Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

View all

Sign in to view all badges

Can't get Sub-forms to Display in Right order

Avatar

26-01-2009

Hello there



I have a strange issue with the positioning of a series of sub-forms using Designer 8.2.1.3144.



I have the following (schematic) structure



(Top Level Sub-form)

Sub-form 1

Label 1.1

Label 1.2

Sub-form 2

Sub-form 2.1

Test 2.1.1

Label 2.1.2

Sub-form 2.2

Fragment 2.2.1

Fragment 2.2.2



The fragments themselves have the following structure:



(Top Level Fragment, e.g. Fragment 2.2.1)

Text F1

Floating Field F1.1

Floating Field F1.2

Label F1

Sub-form F1

(Lots of fields and sub-forms)



The fragments themselves are quite long, typically more than a page. Whatever I do, Sub-form 1 (and its labels 1.1 and labels 1.2) are always shown at the top of the final page in print preview, typically breaking up a fragment. Try as I might, I cannot get them to be placed at the very top of the first page (as per the order in the design). I have tried a variety of ways to address the issue, including changing the positioning (flowed \ positioned etc.), and have played around with the keep with next and Allow page break within context settings, all to no effect.



Any ideas much appreciated.

Replies

Avatar

Avatar
Boost 500
Level 10
pguerett
Level 10

Likes

612 likes

Total Posts

7,689 posts

Correct Reply

692 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 250
View profile

Avatar
Boost 500
Level 10
pguerett
Level 10

Likes

612 likes

Total Posts

7,689 posts

Correct Reply

692 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 250
View profile
pguerett
Level 10

26-01-2009

Send the form and a brief description of the issue to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.

Avatar

27-01-2009

Paul



Thanks for the offer.



Rather strangley, I made some obstensibly unrelated changes to these fragments and the issue seems to have gone away.



Never really got to the root of the problem, but am not going to worry about it unless it reappears.