Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can't extend Document created with Designer 7 (German)

Former Community Member
Hi,

so far, we used ARES 6 to right-enable our forms,

now I am trying to do the same with LC Reader Extension 7 using the web-userinterface.

I am able to extend pdf files found as samples in this forum,

but I am not able to extend forms I created with my german Designer 7.

Even if I open a working sample pdf with my Designer and save it again,

it will not work any more!

I get this Error:

Fehler 400: Hinzufügen von Benutzerrechten zum Dokument 'Antrag.pdf' fehlgeschlagen: 'com.adobe.document.pdf.PDFOperationFailure: IDL:com/adobe/document/pdf/PDFOperationFailure:1.0'.

please help,

thanx

Bernd
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Nobody any idea?

could someone please test
this form with LCRE 7?

Do you get Errors too?

I cant get it work...

thanx

Bernd

Former Community Member
Hi Bernd,

There is a bug in the German version of designer that prevents forms generated by it from being reader extended. The fix for this bug will be released in version 8 of Designer or if you have purchased a maintenance and support contract with Adobe you can get a patch (Contact Adobe Enterprise Support describe your problem) if you don't have support then you can try opening your form design in the english version of Designer, saving it, and then Reader Extending it.

Denver

Adobe Enterprise Support

Level 3
Hello Bernd,

please contact me for a workaround, I ran across the same problem ;-)

You can, of course, write in German ... steffen.kuhnt@pc-ware.de

Former Community Member
Hi Denver,

thanx for your reply,

but thats funny, because we in germany are just getting the 7.1 of Designer, so how long will it take then until Designer 8 becomes available??

Thanx Steffen, I gonna contact you...

Former Community Member
Hi Denver,

i have already created a form for form manager, Workflow Server and forms (LiveCycle) on a german Designer 7.0. Because we are using Web Services in the form we have to install ARES. Fortunately i have short time access to a PC with the english version. Is it sufficient to safe the form (xdp) in the english version or do i have to create the form from the scratch?

@Bernd and Steffen: how could you solve this problem? Did you use the patch?

Thanks for any remarks

Jens Thieme

Former Community Member
Hi Kermit,

I would suspect that you would only need to save the form using the english version, but I have not had the time to personally try it out so I can't guarantee that that it will work.

Denver Green

Adobe Enterprise Support

Former Community Member
Hi Kermit (or Jens?),

just locate the resourcesDE.dll in your designer directory, rename it to .old, then make a copy of resourcesEN.dll an rename this copy to resourcesDE.dll. Reopen your form in designer an save it, you will then be able to reader enable it!

thanx to Steffen for this workaround.