Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can Reader users Save Form and Preserve data?

Former Community Member
I designed a form with Livecycle Designer and sent it to a few people who have Reader only. They are able to fill in the form but when they try to save it they get a message stating: "Data typed into this form will not be saved. Adobe Reader can only save a blank copy of this form."

This product seems absolutely useless if users cannot save their forms. I have to believe I've made a mistake or placed some restrictions on the form that is forcing this error. I've read in other posts that people are indeed sending forms to customers to fill out and email back. So saving from Reader must be possible right?

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? Thanks.
22 Replies

Level 2

Hi!

I wish you would help me Please!!

I just create a big form by LiveCycle, in the end I save the form as PDF. And It fills out this form several people, using different computers

The problem is when some one start filling in the form and then if he\she choose Save. The form going to get lock. that mean the others can't make any change, and not him either.

What I need only keep or make it open (abel to change values) all of the time.

More than a week I've been looking for a solution, without success

I'm using to design LiveCycle

I'm using also to fill the form Adobe Acrobat XI

* activated copy

I have tried this

1- Advanced >>> extend features in adobe reader. by (Adobe - Acrobat 9 Pro Extended).

2- File >>> Save As Other... >> Reader Extended PDF > Reader extended pdf. by ( Adobe Acrobat XI Standard ). " I do not found "Enable Additional Features" !!!

3- I used this code also as a BUTTON >>> app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

4- I save it using (type: Adobe Dynamic XML Form). 5- I save it using (type: Adobe static pdf form).

I think the only way just to make code as yours ( by using Java).

PLEASE! how can I keep the PDF file open for anyone want to change the values any time??

Level 1

For those who are using Adobe Acrobat X, the procedure has completely changed from what you may know from earlier versions of Adobe Acrobat Pro. This web page has information on the new way to handle usage rights: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/X/pro/using/WS58a04a822e3e50102bd615109794195ff-7e0d.w.html