Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can I create a copy of a form that is uneditable?

Former Community Member
Is there a way to "save" an uneditable version of my form. I am creating a Quote form for internal use, but I want to be able to save it in such a way that once the quote is done it can be sent to our customer, but they cannot change and of the fields. It seems as though there should be a way to do this. does anyone have and knowledge of this? Thanks!

mlg
4 Replies

Former Community Member
You can accomplish this by setting the 'access' property of the form object to be 'readOnly' on the 'preSave' event.

Former Community Member
please excuse my ignorance... but where is the 'preSave' event? Sorry, this is only my second day of using this program, this project was thrown at me yesterday afternoon. thanks!

mlg

Former Community Member
Oh... I don't know if this matters. I need to be able to create a quote form for our customer service department to be able to fill out in acrobat reader and then send the 'uneditable' copy to our customers. I don't know if this changes anything. sorry

mlg

Former Community Member
Your customer service department will need to have a Acrobat full version in order to save the form with fill-in data.