Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Call folder level javascript outside of the folder?

Former Community Member
Hi, im kinda new to LiveCyle 8. And ive run into a difficulty. I have a form that requests data from the user, and i want it to be able to, when it submits via email, to have the file name as [namefield]_[datefield].pdf from the contents of the form. Ive gotten the email button and all that stuff working, im just having problems naming it. Ive found a work around to autosave the file just before emailing it, with a folder level javascript. But i will not be able to use this javascript outside of my own computer and i need to be able to put it onto a website. I tried creating a script object and tried putting the JS code in there but it didnt work. Is there anyway to link the JS from the pdf file, or any other workaround for this?

Here is the code for the .js file in the acrobat/javascripts folder:

saveFunc = app.trustedFunction(function (path) {

app.beginPriv();

try {

event.target.saveAs(path);

} catch (err) {

console.println("Error: " + err);

}

app.endPriv();

});

Here is the code from the click event of my button:

var suggestedName = TextField1.rawValue.replace(" ", "_") + "_" + DateTimeField1.rawValue + ".pdf";

var cPathToSaveTo = "/c/program files/";

saveFunc( cPathToSaveTo + suggestedName );

When i tried the script object, named mySaveDoc i changed the button code to this:

var suggestedName = TextField1.rawValue.replace(" ", "_") + "_" + DateTimeField1.rawValue + ".pdf";

var cPathToSaveTo = "/c/program files/";

mySaveDoc.saveFunc( cPathToSaveTo + suggestedName );
2 Replies

Former Community Member
To be able to call folder level javascript you have to have the js file on the machine that is making the call. You cannot link to it through the web because of security concerns. So unless you distribute the file and have your users put the js file in the correct place this will not work.

Former Community Member
Alright, thats what i was thinking. Thanks for the help