Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Calculation help - dropdrowns, and numeric fields

Not applicable
I have a form that is sort of like a timesheet. I created a drop down with 2 clients, values 1-2 for example. I also created a series of 5 numeric fields, one for every day of the week (mon, tue, wed, etc).

The idea is to create a form where an employee could select a client (say "Adobe" as value 1) and then enter an amount of hours spent on a task.

At the end of the form I've already been successful at calculating using formCalc, to add the amount of hours over those 5 days. That part was simple. But at the end of my timesheet, I created a summary page that I want to list not only the amount of hours said employee worked on tasks, but how many hours per client.

My thinking is if in the drop-down list there are values associated to each text (Value 1=Ed's Plumbing and Value 2=Adobe) that perhaps when someone enters the number 5 in the numeric field "monhours1" and the number 5 in the numeric field "tuehours1" that another numeric field called "totalClientHours" could calculate "10 hours" for the client "Adobe". Does this make sense?

Eventually I will be entering 20 separate clients in a drop-down list, and a series of numeric fields to capture the amount of hours employees spend on tasks for these clients. I know I can calculate the total amount of hours spent, but I want to capture the value data as well so if "40 hours" were spent over the course of 1 week I can tell what client those 40 hours were spent.

Thanks.

J. Declan Flynn
0 Replies