Bug in LiveCycle ES?

alukyro

alukyro

alukyro

01-04-2009

Hi,

We are generating forms using renderPdfForm and assembleService(for flattening and assembling documents). It seems that the pdf's generated increases in size over time. However it seems to help restarting the server.

I've had pdf's of size 6mb going as low to 500kb after a Adobe server restart.

Have anybody experienced the same issue?

Kind regards

Lars

Replies

jrunde1

jrunde1

jrunde1

28-04-2009

The .xdp file I'm working on was created after I installed the update, so the extra lines were added even though the service pack had been applied.

And I was able to remove the extra lines using Notepad, but for obvious reasons, would like for this not to happen.

alukyro

alukyro

alukyro

28-04-2009

Well, that does not sound good. We have not upgraded yet, but are considering service pack 3, maybe there is more luck with that one...

Sent from my Windows Mobile®-telephone.

Elaine_Schmitz

Elaine_Schmitz

Elaine_Schmitz

30-04-2009

Hey Paul, we are getting hit by this "LC huge file size" issue left and right.  Will installing the fix pack resolve currently affected files?

Also, can you put the Style Sheet in this thread as an attachment?  And provide instructions on what to do?  I've not yet used style sheets with LC.

Thanks,

Elaine

Elaine_Schmitz

Elaine_Schmitz

Elaine_Schmitz

30-04-2009

Hey Paul,  I'm trying an interim fix for our huge form file size issue...

So I am noticing 862,000 lines of repeating xml in the xml view of the designer form:

<? template Designer StyleID aped3?>

So I went in manually in the xml tab and removed all but ONE of those lines.

Is that ok?  Should we leave just one of those xml lines in there or should we delete it entirely?

Thanks,

Elaine

Elaine_Schmitz

Elaine_Schmitz

Elaine_Schmitz

30-04-2009

Only 1,000?   We just removed 862,000 repeating lines of xml.  Our form grew to 324 meg in size.  Sigh.

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

01-05-2009

Yes the latest service Pack has the fix in it. You will have to open the file and save it from the patched designer to get the fix to apply to your specific docs. I have posted the style sheet but most programs that can apply style sheets cannot handle the size of these docs. So I use a local istance of java and created a batch file tha will load the file in a dom then apply the style sheet. I use a public domain dom program called saxon8.jar. I do not have the rights to distribute it so simply do a search in the web and you should find it fine. I then use this batch file to apply to style sheet to the bulked form design file. Note that it must be saved as an XDP (xml format) for this to work. Here is the batch file:

@echo off
java -Xmx1024m -jar saxon8.jar "incoming file name.xdp" PI.xsl > "outgoing file name_cleaned.xdp"

The -Xmx1024m parameter tells Java to increase its default heap size otherwise you will get out of memory errors.

Paul

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

01-05-2009

Leave one line in there

Paul