Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Automatically add an attachment, then assign it to a user task

Former Community Member
Hi all,

Can you help with this, please?

A user can add an attachment and this can be routed to the next participant along with the form. However, the attachment is being *manually* added by the user.

In our case, we want this to be done *automatically* by the workflow, i.e.

1. The first participant submits a form (with no attachments).

2. Next step, a MS Word file is automatically being imported and stored in a document variable (we used Avokas DocumentImport Q-PAC for that).

3. We verified that the variable is usable, by e-mailing the document to someone with the Email with Attachments Q-PAC.

4. Now, we need to do this: when the second participant opens the work item in Form Manager, he sees the form along with the imported document.

So, can we force the document to appear in the attachments panel in FM? Is this an available functionality?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Evangelos
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Evangelos,

I believe it is possible. We'll give it a try and get back to you shortly.

Cheers

Philip Copeland

Avoka

Level 9
Hi Evangelos

It is possible to achieve, but you do need another QPAC (and you have to use a bit of a trick to make it happen.)

We have this QPAC in beta, but it needs a bit of work because of some changes in an underlying library - I'll get it fixed, and email it to you in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Howard

Former Community Member
Hi Philip, Howard

Thank you so much for helping. I shall be looking forward to receive the Q-PAC.

Thanks,

Evangelos

Level 9
Thank me when I actually help you, not when I just promise to help :-)

Sorry about the delay, I'll get it to you asap.

Howard

Level 9
Hi Evangelos

The QPAC is now ready for beta testing.

I'll send you the QPAC by separate email.

There is no documentation yet, but hopefully the user interface makes it fairly easy to work out.

One point: the QPAC picks a file off the file system, NOT out of a process variable. The file must be accessible from the Workflow server machine, not the user's machine.

Please let us know if you encounter any problems, or if you need any enhancements.

Also, please note that in order for this QPAC to work, it has to introduce a "dummy" task into the task history within Form Manager. We're hoping to come up with a more elegant way of solving this at some point, but this will require a lot more code, and I wanted to give you something that works. Hopefully this is just a minor inconvenience.

Regards,

Howard

Former Community Member
Thanks Howard, well implement the Q-PAC into the workflow, and keep you informed on how it goes.

Cheers,

Evangelos