Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Attach file to PDF-form

Former Community Member
Hello!

Do anybody know if it is possible to do that kind of pdf-form that users can attach file to pdf-form and send them with it? Do you understand what I mean?
7 Replies

Former Community Member
I know that you can attach pictures. However, I'm not sure about attaching files. As far as I could tell, it would depend on what type of file you're looking to attach.

Hope this helps.

Level 7
LiveCycle Designer can import an image but I do not believe it can attach a file like an Acrobat PDF form or file can. This is due to the differences in the basic technology used to create the form.

Former Community Member
I am making do a pdf-form, what customers can use to do printing order and also can attach their company logo file to same pdf-form. Logo is mostly jpeg-image. I noticed that it is possible to form user to attach RGB images, if I make Content Area at the form. But it is not possible attech CMYK-images. Although I attach RGB jpeg image to ready made form's Content area, it is not possible to get file out of form or save file again as a jpeg image from form afterwards.

Level 5
Here is a way I tried log time ago it works for me however I have some additional things I have do with every new attachment so I am just pasting what I thought is enough in your case. Let me know if you see any issues..... you may try this JS code in a button click and you need to enable user rights and then you will find those attachments in attachment section which is usually hidden.

var selectFileName = "C:\test.jpg"

var doc = event.target;

doc.importDataObject(selectFileName);

var MyPar1 = doc.getDataObject(selectFileName);

var filename = MyPar1.path;

Good Luck,

Former Community Member
Thanks, I tested code and it worked. I put code to a button. As you said attaction section is usually hidden. Is it any possible to get attachment visible beside of button, so that user will notice that file is attached to the form. He may be not how attachment can be seen.

Former Community Member
Hello All

I have a form create using livecycle and I am thinking of using attach file option to it. example this is a job application form which post on my website. Ij ust wants users to download fill and attached thier CV, cover letter etc to same form and sent to me via email.

I get alot help from Adobe forum. however those cases I need to use LiveCycle Reader Extensions server. Since it is very expensive I have no plan to use LiveCycle Reader Extensions server.

Is this can be done via Acrobat Pro 8 writer and Adobe free reader? without using LiveCycle Reader Extensions server? I did try above "SekharN" sample as well. But when I "Enable usage right for Adobe reader" option which allows Adobe reader users to fill and save with out Acrobat, above funtion not work.

I just simply wants users to attahed document and fill using adobe reader and send to me via email. total users I am looking for aroung 300+. Any one can help me please. I am bit new to LiveCycle as well.

Thank you

Disssg

Former Community Member
By the way my email address is disssg@yahoo.com..if anyone want to send me any help file. Thanks again all