Expand my Community achievements bar.

AssignTask to users problems

Former Community Member
I have a process that when triggered, it will read the data from the PDF form (prepared by user0) and assign the data with a new form to the officer(user1), user1 will type in some point in the pdf and submit the data. The information will be passed to the approver(user2) with a new form. The problem is what the user1 entered cannot be passed to user2.

In the Assign Task for User1, I have set the "output form data" to a document variable and assign it to the "Render PDF Form" & "Inject Form Bridge". The output is passed to "input form variable" in the Assign Task 2. But only the data entered by user0 can be seen by user2. I have tried to pass directly the "output form data" from "Assign Task for User1" to the "input form variable" for "Assign Task for User2". But the output is the same.

Is the "output form data" in the AssignTask not the output form data? How can I allow user2 to see what user1 inputted? Any help will be much appreciated.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
It is easiest if you deal with XDP forms in your Repository instead of PDFs. Can you save your forms as XDP? If so, you will need XFAForm variables to point to these XDPs. You will have to modify your XFAForm to point to the correct renderer. Now when you chnage XFAForms the product will aitomatically copy the data from one variable to the other.

Hope that helps

Former Community Member
I used XDP Forms actually. They are rendered by "renderPDF" function, put into a document variable and assign to user1 or 2. I have tried using a XFAForm variable instead of document to get the "Output form data" result from the assign task but no help.

More info: My process is trigger by WatchFolder with a PDF file. It will read the data in the PDF file and render together with a XDP file.

Former Community Member
So you are starting your process by passing in a filled PDF, extracting the data then merging that data onto an XDP form and then doing what with it?

Can you post your LCA file and the starting PDF to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look

Former Community Member
The LCA is sent to your email.

The process only assign the form to different users for approval, and write the result into database finally. But I don't know why the result submitted by user1 doesn't appear in the form for user2.

Thanks for your help.