Expand my Community achievements bar.

Approve/Deny Comments

Former Community Member
We are building a process very similar to the sample simple mortage application PDF process. The approve will see the form, then in the workspace frame, they will see an approve or deny button instead of the complete button. We would like our users to be prompted to entere a comment if they select the deny button instead of the approve button.

I am assuming other workspace users have worked out an issue where their approvers either approve or deny a form. How do you handle getting reasons from the end users.

Questions:

1) Can we prompt for a comment if they hit the deny button?

2) If we use stickly notes in the PDF, can I access the comments from the sticky notes from an activity inside the process?

Thanks
3 Replies

Level 3
Hi, I got some feedback from our Assembler team on this that might be useful in order to extract comments after the PDF has been submitted back to the process:<br /><br />To extract all comments from a PDF into an FDF or XFDF, use:<br /><br /><Comments result=out format=XFDF> <-- could also be format=FDF --><br /><br /> <PDF source=inPDF/><br /><br /></Comments><br /><br /> <br /><br />To get just the comments on page 1 and 2, use:<br /><br /><Comments result=out format=XFDF><br /><br /> <PDF source=inPDF pages=1-2/><br /><br /></Comments><br /><br /> <br /><br />To get all comments that apink put in the document, use:<br /><br /><Comments result=out byAuthor=apink format=XFDF><br /><br /> <PDF source=inPDF pages=1-2/><br /><br /></Comments><br /><br /> <br /><br />If that doesnt do what you need, let me know. There are also some livedocs here:<br /><br />http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/ddxRef/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?&accessible=true<br /><br />Expand to Section B -> DDX Language Elements -> Comments -> Comments result

Former Community Member
Thanks Gary, I will try this out. Thanks so much for looking into this.

Do you happen to know the answer to my other question about whether we can prompt for comments if/when user hits the "Deny" button in WorkSpace? In a process, if I build a couple routes, called approve and deny, those buttons appear in workspace where the "complete" button typically appears. I'm wondering if it is easy enough to prompt the user with an alert box to capture a comment from the approver as to why they are denying the application.

Thanks again for all your help!

Former Community Member
I allow the approvers to edit a single line of a subform that has his/her comments. Upon submission and in the map, I also add if rejected or approved and the date/time in the same row.

I have done it yet, but assumed that script in the submit button on my form would run no matter what button was clicked in Workspace.