Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Application Server - Coldfusion

Level 2
Ok, I am totally confused as to what workbench will work with or not. I downloaded and installed the trial version. It seems to want to use either JBoss, WebLogic, or Websphere. ColdFusion is not an option. Is that just the way it is, or is there a way to get it working with Coldfusion? We already have Coldfusion 8 and I would much rather not have to install and support another application server.

It doesn't really make sense to me that it might not support Coldfusion, seeing as how it's an Adobe product.

Thanks,

Jim
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I am not really familiar to ColdFusion, but it seems to be dependant of web server and java server in the bottom, just like LiveCycle. This means that ColdFusion is running on jboss etc as well. Hence I don't believe you can use ColdFusion as a server for LiveCycle.

Level 2
Coldfusion is built on top of Java. Coldfusion is really JRun server which is built with Java, though I don't know if it has all the capabilities of an application server such as a servlet container or JSP.

Jim

Level 10
Unfortunately, we don't support ColdFusion as an application server for LiveCycle.

Jasmin