Expand my Community achievements bar.

Another Gateway Element Question

Former Community Member
I'm still playing around with the gateway element, and am running into an interesting issue. I have a gateway set up to allow for three users to review a form at the same time, add comments, and submit back to keep the process flowing. For each branch I first set a variable, perform a user task, then save the comments from the user into a process variable to then combine with the other users comments after the gateway. For my first set variable for each branch, I am mapping to an invisible field on my form so that I can display fields based on which branch I'm going down. Depending on what I'm passing to that field, different fields are displayed to the user in the form.

My problem is that sometimes the gateway seems to pass the incorrect variable down the wrong branch. For example say I have three branches (Branch1, Branch2, Branch3), and I'm passing the string 1 or 2 or 3 depending on which branch I'm going through at the time. Sometimes the gateway will pass everything correctly, and sometimes it won't. So sometimes Branch1 would have the value 1 passed to my field in the form, and sometimes it might be sent the variable value of 3. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it behaving one way or the other though. My form has an XML schema that I am using to drill down to map to my invisible field when I'm setting my variable at the beginning of each branch in the gateway. What could be causing this behavior?
2 Replies

Level 9
Hi Kyle

It's a little hard to know exactly what your workflow is going - however, it may be because all variables are shared between all branches of the gateway - in other words, all variables are global. Is it possible that depending on the exact order that each branch runs, they are overwriting each other's data?

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Howard, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately no. Through some testing/debugging it is looking like it is an issue with our environment. The problem appears to be between our application server (JBoss) and our database (SQL). I have tried setting up my gateway a couple of different ways, even so far as to set multiple process variables to keep each branch separate as far as the data being passed in and pulled out from the gateway. Even this was causing problems. I have been able to successfully run through my process on a turnkey installation of LiveCycle, but not in our environment with the SQL backend. We are currently working with Adobe to resolve our issue.