Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

After Saving the content, will Dynamic PDF show the modified content while Opening ?

Level 2
After Saving the content, will Dynamic PDF show the modified content while Opening ?

I have created a Dynamic PDF with some Rows hidden. these Rows will get visibled dynamically based on some events (For Eg., Clicking the checkbox).

Now I can open that PDF in Adobe Professional/ Adobe Reader. I can do that Event and get that Row Visibled.

My Question is I have closed that Adobe Professional/Adobe Reader after Saving that PDF. Will I be able to see that Row while opening that PDF again. or am i need to do that Event again?

[I know that CheckBox might be selected, but will that make the Row visible while opening itself]
3 Replies

Level 10
It depends which event you use. If you use somethign like Form Ready, then the code will run every time you open the form so you'll see the row.

If the row gets visible only on the click event, then you'll need to click again before you can see the row.

Jasmin

Level 2
Thanks for your Reply. I got your Point. But not clearly.

So you meant to say, that Row will be hidden, Even after we save that PDF with the Row Visibled State?

Let me make my question more explained,

1) Create a Dynamic PDF using LiveCycle Designer with one Row Hidden and with one CheckBox having a Click event which makes that Row Visible.

2) Apply the Reader Extensions, so that User can save that PDF.

3) User get that PDF and opens

4) Initially, the Row is Hidden and CheckBox is UnChecked

5) User selects that CheckBox, which makes that Row visible.

4) Now the state of that PDF is, CheckBox is selected and the Row is Visible. User Saves that PDF.

5) User Opens that saved PDF and sees what?

a) CheckBox will be selected and Row will be Hidden

b) CheckBox will be Selected and Row will be visible

c) CheckBox will not be Selected and Row will be Hidden

[Note: That PDF has Reader Extension applied]

I think I have put my Question very clear. Can you please clear my doubt?

thanks in Advance

Level 10
Sorry, I guess I didn't fully understood your question.

The changes will be maintain when you save the form. In your case option 5b would be the expected behavior.

Jasmin