Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe Samples conks!!!

Former Community Member
Hello folks,

I am Kailash, nascent user of livecycle. Got stuck while experimenting with livecycle example. I remember this sample was working on the very first day of install(The first example for review process). It bouncing back with the following exception. I am sorry if the message length is too much for you to read. Other observations are

1. I am able to telnet to email server

2. I have the from and to address configured at email settings.

3. It is in sync with LDAP

Please help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

-Kailash

2006-07-31 14:58:35,890 INFO [STDOUT] Jul 31, 2006 2:58:35 PM com.adobe.workflow.email.EmailSenderMessageBean sendEMailMessage

SEVERE: MessagingException: failed to send email in sendEMailMessage(oharris@sandbox.etech.adobe.com,livecycle@sandbox.etech.adobe.com,Task: 3906: new task, datasource -> Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25;

nested exception is:

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: connect

2006-07-31 14:58:35,890 INFO [STDOUT] javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25;

nested exception is:

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: connect

2006-07-31 14:58:35,906 INFO [STDOUT] at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:911)

2006-07-31 14:58:35,906 INFO [STDOUT] at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:158)
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Kailash

Have you by any chance upgraded your Virus Scanner?

We have seen a problem with version 8 of McAfee Virus Scan blocking port 25. Version 8 does this by default and will prevent mail from working properly.

If so, you can turn this off in the config settings for McAfee.

Open the console, and open the properties for Access Protection. On the port blocking tab, uncheck "Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail".

This frees up port 25.

Diana@Adobe

Former Community Member
Hello Diana,

It works!!! Thanks a lot for quick reply and cool solution.

Good day

-Kailash