Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer shuts down every time I try to use it...

Former Community Member
Hello all, I want to thank you beforehand for the help regarding this matter. I use Windows Vista and my Adobe LiveCycle Designer was working before but for the last week and a half or so I have not been able to get it to work! I have done scandisk/defrag/and have multiple software to keep my computer clean so I have taken those precautions beforehand. To the problem...:

My Adobe LiveCycle Designer opens up and it was working previously as mentioned, but when I try to open it by either opening or converting a form or creating a new form with a template, I am not able to as it gives me an error message and closes! It gives me an error message of "Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES has stopped working" and a screenshot of this is provided at the following link:

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/bc59d422150595157c212a5b181313244g.jpg

I don't know what to do and wanted to see if I could solve this problem before I was forced to try to manually reinstall it so hopefully I don't have to go through that. I appreciate the help once again!
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Shawn, I have this same problem and have not found a resolution yet. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the program, this did not fix the problem.

Please let me know if you have found a way to resolve the problem. Thank you.

Former Community Member
Hi Shawn and Jason,

I have the same problem. One workaround is to clean your disk before running LiveCycledesigner. After you have cleaned up your disk LiveCycleDesigner will start a few times and you can work with it.

It is an Vista problem. LiveCycleDesigner 8.1 which is just released had fixed the problem so you can also download 8.1

greetings Fons