Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES closes when I open it...

Former Community Member
Hello all, I want to thank you beforehand for the help regarding this matter. I use Windows Vista and my Adobe LiveCycle Designer was working before but for the last week and a half or so I have not been able to get it to work! I have done scandisk/defrag/and have multiple software to keep my computer clean so I have taken those precautions beforehand. To the problem...:

My Adobe LiveCycle Designer opens up and it was working previously as mentioned, but when I try to open it by either opening or converting a form or creating a new form with a template, I am not able to as it gives me an error message and closes! It gives me an error message of "Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES has stopped working" and a screenshot of this is provided at the following link:

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/bc59d422150595157c212a5b181313244g.jpg

I don't know what to do and wanted to see if I could solve this problem before I was forced to try to manually reinstall it so hopefully I don't have to go through that. I appreciate the help once again!
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Shawn,

This may be a couple of known things; one is related to your specific installation (may have become corrupted if you did an upgrade from a previous version, especially if you upgraded from Beta?) Or, it may be related to a known SQL Server compatibility bug for which a hotfix will shortly be posted. (Problem with some Microsoft DLLs that get updated if you install SQL server).

If you have SQL Server installed, try looking on these forums for a patch that should be posted within the next 2 days. If not - please contact me directly, as I'd like to get someone on my development team to help look through your installation and see what the problem is, so we can fix this properly.

Mike