Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Adobe Designer "Submit by Email" problem...

Former Community Member
I am creating a form to be Submitted by Email as an attached PDF file. The process works fine throughout, but when the Outlook New Email window is presented with the attached PDF file, pre-filled in for the Mailto: field, I hit the SEND button with no result... no error, no send, nothing... I have found that sometimes if I hit SEND multiple times in succession it sends out OK... anyone know what is the problem?
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Jay,

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you, but your post relates to a question that I have.

I finally finished my form, and I designed it for e-mail submission. However, when I try to open the file and submit view e-mail, I can only submit an XML file which must be imported into a PDF. I need to submit a filled-out PDF, without having to import anything. Any ideas?

PS, it sounds your problem revolves more around Outlook than designer. Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express. You may first try loading the latest service packs and updates for Office (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx). If you're using Office 2003, it was quite problematic before Office 2003 SP2. Also, if your file is quite large, it may be an upload issue.

Thanks,

Joe

Former Community Member
Hey Joe,

To submit a filled-out PDF by email create a new Button. Then under the Object palatte change the control type to Submit. Next, under the Submit tab of the Object palatte change the Submit Format to PDF and in the Submit to URL box enter "mailto:youremailaddress@somewhere.com?subject=yoursubject".

Allen

Former Community Member
I'm having an issue with this. When I add an email button, I do all this, then when I test it, it sends a .tmp file that doesn't open in pdf and is useless.

So I instead wrote "please email it to: doctor@school.edu". It opens up the new mail window in outlook the way I want, but it adds another element to the end of the email so it looks like this: doctor@school.eduPHO <---it pics up the next word of the next sentence and I can't seem to fix this.

Does this make sense? I can add a screencap if that would help.

Aimee

Former Community Member
Aimee,

I think the issue you are having is you are using a "http or email submit button". Use a "standard button" and change the object field to "submit" and in the subject field change the submit format to "pdf" and add the "mailto:youremailaddress@somewhere.com?subject=yoursubject" from the above post.

This worked for me, but there are some issues. I tested this with apples Mail App. and the .pdf doc appears in the email body with all fields blank. I sent the doc and opened it in acrobat and the text field info reappears. This is obviously a problem with the Mail app.

My question is: Is there a way for me to put in a short "warning for Mac users" in the email text body that would be above the attached .pdf?

thanks.