Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adding custom headings to the queue views

Level 7
I can modify the queue view, in Workspace, through Preferences>>Manage Column Headings by adding or removing the headings of my choice.

However, is it possible to add custom column headings to these views ?

Thanks

Aditya
17 Replies

Level 10
You can have process varibales show in a column as well.

You just need to make sure you set your variable to be "Visible in UI" in workbench.

Jasmin

Level 7
How can I set the variable to be "Visible in UI" in Workbench ?

Aditya

Level 10
Right click on the variable in the variable view and select "Edit variable".

Jasmin

Level 7
Sorry, I just realised the "Visible in UI" option is only available in certain variable types.

Once configured, will the heading show automatically in Preferences>>Manage Column headings ? Can I select the (process variable) heading to be a column for all workflows ?

Is there another way to create or modify custom headings manually ?

Aditya

Level 10
"Once configured, will the heading show automatically in Preferences>>Manage Column headings ?

You'll need to select "Task by Process" and then select the process the variable belongs to.

"Can I select the (process variable) heading to be a column for all workflows ?"

No. The process variables are workflow specific.

"Is there another way to create or modify custom headings manually ?"

Customizing the workspace interface using the source code.

Jasmin

Level 7
Jasmin - I created a String variable and used the set value to assign a value to the variable.

The point of this, is to assign different values to the same string (column in Workspace) for different workflows.

For example, I have created a variable "ContractDate" and I would like the contract dates to be different for different processes. I would do this by manually changing the "ContractDate" values, prior to invoking a new process.

However, when I change the "ContractDate" value, it changes all the previously invoked process values.

Can you explain why this is happening ? and if there is a way to acheive what I described ?

Thanks

Aditya

Level 10
This doesn't make sense to me. The value of "ContractDate" should be different for every process instance.

Each process instance get their own copy of all process variables.

The only thing that can explain that is a bug, but I've seen this working before so I'm not sure. Unless I'm missing something.

I'll try to run a test later if I have a chance.

Jasmin

Level 7
I checked tb_processname in the database and every process ID had their assigned values(different Contract Dates).

To add on, when I refresh, in Workspace, all the "Contract Date" values change to the value of the first process ID.

I am only having a problem with the process variables. The task instructions are working fine.

Please do get back to me as it is an essential part of a project I am working on.

Thank you !

Aditya

Level 10
This could unfortunately be a bug.

What data type are you usgin for you Contract Date variable?

Jasmin

Level 10
Yeah, I get the same results here. This is s bug.

Can you log it with enterprise support?

Thanks,

Jasmin

Level 9
Did this get logged? Do you have an issue number?

Thanks,

Howard

Level 7
I have logged the issue with Adobe. They are working on a patch at the moment.

Aditya

Former Community Member
Update 1 SP2 fixes this issue. Just applied it myself and my custom columns display the process data correctly.

It's a pity that it still doesn't use the process variable "Title" as column heading instead of the variable name.

Kendy

Level 2

Hi,

I want to know that "Is it possible to create columns from the workflow varibale" in livecycle es 8.0 sp2. I have checked the option "search in UI" for my process variable and it is also comming in the manage colums preferences but when i am selecting it nothing is happening.

Do i have to do the same for all of the workflow user? Is there a single point where i can do this change and it applies to all of the workflow users?

Regards,

Waqas

Level 10

"I want to know that "Is it possible to create columns from the workflow varibale" in livecycle es 8.0 sp2. I have checked the option "search in UI" for my process variable and it is also comming in the manage colums preferences but when i am selecting it nothing is happening."

That should be all you need to do. Have you started a few instance of your process to make sure there is data in the db?

"Do i have to do the same for all of the workflow user?"

No. It's a user preference.

"Is there a single point where i can do this change and it applies to all of the workflow users?"

Unfortunately not.

Jasmin