Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Add text to a footer dynamically

Former Community Member
I have a problem where I need to add some text to the bottom of a master page depending on what was typed into a certain text field.

If I use Javascript to update a static text field when the text field changes, this only updates the text on the first page of the pdf.

I read somewhere that you can bind objects globally and so I tried this with a text field and it worked perfectly, but there doesn't seem to be any option for binding for static text objects.

Does anybody know how to modify static text objects in the master page properly?

Thanks in advance,

David Sanders
1 Reply

Former Community Member
By Design static text is not bindable. You could make a Text Object (which is bindable) look like static text by not having a border and making it protected. Then you can accomplish what you want easily.

You can modify the staticText as you have been doing but you will have to do it on each page...a bit more of a cumbersome operation....or you can use the text object binding method I mentioned above ...without adding any code.