Expand my Community achievements bar.

Active Directory

Former Community Member
I'm configuring the Work flow server 6.2 and it doesn't let me choose Active Directory option. This computer is running win 2003 server and it is part of a domain. AD is enable on the domain. Am I missing something? How can I get Active Directory to work with work flow server?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Tony,

Try disabling the AD on the domain and reinstalling workflow server. The fact that the server is part of the domain should be enough to enable the AD connectivity.

WFServer is not meant to be running ON the Domain server or the ADServer, so by default it does not know how to. I think there was a knowledgebase article to suggest that you could use a regirstry key value to override this, but I have not successfully used it. (see http://www.adobe.com/support/products/enterprise/ and then select Knowledge Center for the access)

Hope this helps,

Sanna

Former Community Member
Thanks Sanna. I found a fix on the KB and workflow server can connect to AD. But, I ran into another problem. When I add users to the user list, it doesn't find the user. When I want to show all users, it gives me all the computer host name on AD. I didn't find anything about this problem on KB. Does anybody have any ideas what is causing this problem?

Former Community Member
Tony,

I am not sure if what you describe is the same issue I experienced:

I found that you could not browse and see users in the same AD family but with different child domain as the domain where the Workflow agent was running. (e.g if WFAgent was running in xyz.com and I wanted to add people from location.xyz.com, I could not do that from the Add User dialog.)

The advice from Adobe Support for this one was to enable automatic creation of users, and as long as the trust was established both ways for all the AD forest servers, new users from any server in the forest could be added automatically. This appears to have worked in the case I am talking about.

Rgards,

Sanna