Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Accessing XML data

Not applicable
Hi, hope somebody can help me with this:

I have xml as follows:

this is line 1
this is line 2

I want to acces this data from a script on a button. if it is not a repeating tag i access it like this

xfa.datasets.data.TestData.line.value

However, how do i access all the repeating tags one at a time in a for loop?
5 Replies

Not applicable
You can take a look at this post to see if this is something that you are looking for?

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bbb220b

Not applicable
If the you already have this in your datasets (i.e. repeating nodes), then you could access this by using

xfa.datasets.data.TestData.resolveNode("line[1]").value

Not applicable
Thanks David,<br />next challenge i have with the same problem is determining how many lines there are - any ideas on this <br /><br />xfa.record.node.length tells me all the lines in the xml file and not just for the repeating tag i am interested in<br /><br />xfa.record.nodes.namedItem('line") gives me first one, but I can't get the next one<br /><br />xfa.record.nodes.item(var).value - gives me the contents of the lines but not the tag names<br /><br />all I really want to do is get each of the <line> data into an array so I can work with them

Not applicable
Hi Chris,

To get all the line nodes you can use the resolveNodes method instead, which returns a collection of nodes instead of a single node returned by resolveNode

var oLineNodes = xfa.datasets.data.TestData.resolveNodes("line[*]");

oLineNodes.length will give you the number of elements in the collection and then use item to access each one using a for loop

EG:

for(var i=0; i<oLineNodes.length; i++)

{

??? = oLineNodes.item(i).value;

}

where ??? is something you want to do with the value.