Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Accessibility on a text object

Level 4
Can someone tell me how accessibility works for the text object please?

Does the screen reader ignore the object? Or does it read the text contained in the field? Or do you have to copy the text into the "custom text" field under the accessibility tab?
4 Replies

Former Community Member
There is an accessibility panel where you can define what you want the screen reader to do on a field by field basis. Highlight the object then hit shift-F6 to make the palette appear. Or activatte it under the Window/Accessibility menu.

Level 4
Thanks Paul, but I am familar with adding accessibility text to an object. I just wanted to know how the screen reader works on a text object (not a text field object).

Does it ignore the text object? Or does it read the text in the object? Or do I have to copy the text into the "custom text" section under the accessibility tab?

I'm hoping for the first option since I have hundreds of fields on this particular form and to copy the text into the custom field is doubling the work, and worthless if the screen reader ignores it anyway.

Former Community Member
It will read the text as long as you have tagging on (it is on by default - if you want to validate it go into file/Form Properties/Save Options and ensure that "Generate Accessibility Tags for Acrobat is turned on"

Also if you use the tabbinng tool and display all objects you can include text in the tabbing order so that you text will be read.

Level 4
Thanks Paul. This is GREAT news!! You've made my day.