Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Access another queue

Level 7
I created 2 sample user account and made it a part of the LCES group. I have then created a workflow to assign a task to the LCES group.

User1 and USer2 can successfully view the tasks. However, if User1 completes the task User2 cannot search the completed process (A custom search template is created in AdminUI)

Ideally, I would like members of the group to be able to view archived forms completed by other users of the group.

How can I acheive this ?

Aditya
10 Replies

Level 10
Out of the box, you can't access someone else's item even though it was sent to a group.

If userA completes the form, then he's the owner of the form (task) and only him can search for it.

You're only option would be to customize the interface and code it yourself.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
I would have also expected the group members to be able to see the archived forms. I just had not tested that scenario yet.

Level 7
Jasmin - I get your point. This would apply tasks assigned to users.

The purpose of assigning a task to the group was to send it to multiple members and when archived, all the members of the group can access the completed tasks.

In another scenario, when User1 forwards a task to User2, User1 & User 2 can access the same task despite of User2 completing the task.

How does this work ?

Aditya

Level 7
Jasmin - I get your point. This would apply for individual tasks.

The purpose of assigning a task to the group was to send it to multiple members and when archived, all the members of the group can access the completed tasks.

In another scenario, when User1 forwards a task to User2, User1 & User 2 can access the same task despite of User2 completing the task.

How does this work ?

Aditya

Level 10
You need to have initiated or participated in the process to be able to view it.

Receiving an item in a group queue doesn't count as participating. Participating means that you owned the item at one point.

Jasmin

Level 7
In workspace preferences, I share user2's queue with user1 and user1 completes the request. In this case, user1 cannot view any tasks in user2' queue.

Am I missing any other settings ?

Aditya

Level 10
I need clarification on a few things. It can get confusing with queue sharing.

"I share user2's queue with user1..."

So is it user2 that has access to user1's queue or the other way around?

".. and user1 completes the request"

From which queue is he completing the request?

"In this case, user1 cannot view any tasks in user2' queue"

You just said that user1 completed a request. Was it a request from his own queue?

Jasmin

Level 7
Apologies for the confusion. What I am trying to say,when I share User2's queue with User1, User1 cannot view the tasks in User2's queue

I applied the sharing through the preferences.

"So is it user2 that has access to user1's queue or the other way around? "

User1 should have access to User2's queue.

Hope I was more clear this time.

Aditya

Level 10
Make sure to check the "Add ACL for shared queue" checkbox under the Task Access Control List (ACL) section of the each User step you want to allow sharing.

The process designer controls which task can be shared.

Jasmin

Level 9
To clarify: LiveCycle's default behaviour is to ensure privacy, which is a good thing. You can only search and find something that you've previously already been allowed to see. In general, this is a good thing.

However, in some cases, this is overly restrictive, as you've discovered.

In order to solve this problem, we've developed an enhanced search plugin for Workspace which allows you to configure on a person by person or group by group basis who can see what in which processes. Searching and permissions are quite easy to configure and use.

More information: http://www.avoka.com/avoka/addons.shtml

Click on "Enquiry Tool" -> Read more

Or click the download link in the right sidebar to try.

Howard