Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

99% CPU en 900 MB of memory used

Former Community Member
Hi All

I would like to know if there are other people out there who are having the same problem as me.

I have installed the livecycle server suite. Version 8.0. I indicated that the whole installed procedure should be done automatically so mysql and such are installed automatically. After installation and a system restart a service called jbossservice.exe is using up 99% of my cpu and 900 MB of memory. I have a Intel centrino with 2 GB of memory so that should be enough but the fact that is jbosservice.exe is taking up 99% is a huge bug.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Martyn
3 Replies

Former Community Member
What version of Java JDK are you installing with? ALso what OS are you installing on?

Former Community Member
Hi Gilbert

I am running JDK 1.5.0.10 on a Windows XP Machine with SP2. It's a Toshiba laptop with a Intel centrino CPU and 2 GB of memory.

Martyn

Level 4
900MB of memory sounds about right, so nothing out of the ordinary there.

Is the CPU usage just while the process is starting (which is expected) or is it like that even JBoss has started and is idling.

It can take 2-6 minutes for JBoss to start completely, it needs to unpack and load a very large number of compressed war and ear files, plus various other tasks.

To see if JBoss has finished starting, open the C:\Adobe\Livecycle8\jboss\server\all\log\server.log and look for a line like:

2007-11-27 10:53:41,535 INFO [org.jboss.system.server.Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.3SP1 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_3_SP1 date=200510231054)] Started in 3m

:50s:857ms

Once you see the "Started in xyz" part, the CPU should drop down to 0-5%.

I like to put a batch file in my start up folder, so that as soon as I log into the server, the tail -f of the log pops up. You can get the tail command from the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit (which you can install on XP). This saves you having to keep reopening the log file to check if the server has started.

By the way, that start up time I posted of 3m:50s was on a fairly new Xeon processor with 2GB of RAM and a fast RAID array, so on your laptop I would expect a start up of 5-6 minutes or more.