Expand my Community achievements bar.

WSK API Create endpoint ceases to work after few days

Employee

We've created a simple Adobe I/O Runtime action, developed using NodeJS, and successfully deployed our web push integration with Adobe Campaign Standard.
We used the Project Firefly template for the runtime project and used the Campaign STAGE instance for this integration.
The application uses serverless deploy method.

This is fine as expected and we are able to send web push notifications from our ACS instance

The issue we're facing is that "wsk api create" commands generate API endpoints that are only available for a few days, after we've noticed that the endpoint of the API returns the 404 exceptions, and again we need to redeploy the application and generate the API endpoint

When we've been observing the behaviors, it's basically changing the one alphabet at the endpoint. Rest remains the same. 
How do we generate a static endpoint which basically doesn't change dynamically? The thing is every time the endpoint changes we need to change the respective ACS workflow

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Employee

All apis created with `wsk api create` should remain unchanged indefinitely. Could you please share the I/O Runtime namespace, and one of the endpoints that returned 404? I'll do an investigation on what exactly happened.

Employee

Hi @stanciu ,

Please find the requested details

Runtime namespace : 89800-acswebpushapp-stage

API End point that returned 404 : https://controller-gw-ns-team-ethos62prodaus5-runtime-prod-b.ethos62-prod-aus5.ethos.adobe.net/apis/...

Please let us know if you need more information

Employee
Hi Stanciu, Please find the requested details

Employee

The problem is in the URL, it should be https://adobeioruntime.net/apis/89800-acswebpushapp-stage/acsutils/sendWebPushNotification . This would do the correct routing to the cluster that is active.

There is a known issue with the `wsk api list` which might have given you this incorrect URL, we're working to fix that. In the meantime please update your endpoints to always use: "adobeioruntime.net" instead of "controller-gw-ns-team-ethos62prodaus5-runtime-prod-b.ethos62-prod-aus5.ethos.adobe.net"

Employee
Checking with the team and confirming back if they have any further questions. Many thanks for the quick resolution.