Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe I/O Runtime Craps Out Randomly

Level 3

Hi everyone, 

I'm having a pretty serious issue with Adobe I/O.  To give a little context, we’re using AEM to communicate with a commerce system via Adobe I/O.  We’re using the CIF OOTB framework to do so.  The long of the short is that once I deploy my Adobe I/O application, everything is happy and works for a while.  But invariably, within a day or two (sometimes more, sometimes less) it just kind of stops sending responses back to AEM.  When checking the activations, all I can see is

"error": "No activation within timeout. Please retry."

And from there, it just keeps throwing

"error": "The action did not produce a valid response and exited unexpectedly."

And won’t work again until I wipe out the endpoints and redeploy all of them.

I have no idea whether those logs are actually relevant or not, but I don't really know how to get more information than this.  If the issue is truly timeout-related, I would not expect it to break Adobe I/O entirely until the application is re-deployed.

Does anyone have any clue what might be happening here, and how I can even troubleshoot this?

I'm supposed to go live with this system in less than a week, and I desperately need to figure out what's going on so I can fix it and not risk production outages.

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Employee

Hi @evancooperman-rp - I would recommend to open a support ticket and share your activation ID, logs, etc. anything that can help to debug the problem further.

Level 3

Thanks for your reply.  I have opened a support ticket but that team doesn’t handle Adobe I/O as far as I know.  Is there a way to open an Adobe I/O support ticket specifically?

Level 3

Just to follow up, my support requests are not actually getting routed to the Adobe I/O team.  I've had to reach out directly to the team in order to get any support, and they have requested our Adobe PM to engage them in a real capacity, but it would be really great if I knew the process for actually getting a support ticket properly routed to the Adobe I/O team in an official capacity.  Do you have any info on that?

Employee

@evancooperman-rp - thanks for the feedback. Would be great if you raise this concern to I/O Runtime PM directly (cc @KanikaGera).

Level 3

Yeah, I'm working on it.  My Adobe Account Manager is attempting to schedule a meeting between Adobe I/O and CIF folks to work on triaging this.  It's an unbearable process, and it's taken over a week to get everyone on board here (and I still don't have a meeting on the books yet, hopefully that will happen today).  We're getting dangerously close to go-live, so I'm quite nervous. I am definitely going to be raising this issue up the chain since this process is untenable.  My AM said she's having similar issues with another client, and it's like pulling teeth to get any kind of support.