Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using Lightroom API in a single page application without login, to get images from my account

Level 1

Good morning everyone,
I'm thinking of creating a new version of my photography site in React, as a Single Page Application.
Currently my site is made with Adobe Portfolio, of which the thing I am most interested in is the integration with Lightroom Cloud, to get albums and photos.

I wanted to understand if it is possible through the Lightroom API to get the photos to display on the site from my Adobe CC account. I mean without Login, so that when someone opens the site, React gets the photos directly from Lightroom. Clearly with a public album but in a secure way.

Is it possible to use the API in this way?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Thanks for the additional explanation.   To pursue this approach, you will need to create/host copies of the Lr data, which is possibly not what you want.  We are not actively pursuing additional public sharing options here via our APIs.

-Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee
Employee

Hey @elial64511104 , I have reached out to the Lightroom team to answer your questions. Please stay tuned for their answer. Thanks!

Employee

Please take a look at the Connections capability in the left-hand panel of Lightroom (desktop).  It is located just below People.  You can send photos from Lightroom to  Adobe Portfolio using this capability.  Let us know if there's more that you are looking for here.

-Peter

Level 1

Hello, thanks for the reply, but this is not what i'm looking for. I mean that I need to build a React JS Single page Application to build my custom Photography portfiolio (but not with Adobe Portfolio, that I'm currently using). I wish use the Lightroom API to make my WebApp get the pictures from a shared albun of my LR cloud. Is it possible to use it or It's only possible with the user log in?

For example, when the user downloads the site the picture showed are obtained connecting to Lightroom, on demand.

Thanks again, have a nice day

Correct answer by
Employee

Thanks for the additional explanation.   To pursue this approach, you will need to create/host copies of the Lr data, which is possibly not what you want.  We are not actively pursuing additional public sharing options here via our APIs.

-Peter