Expand my Community achievements bar.

Searching for InDesign debug symbols

Level 1

Hi, I don't really know if this is the right place to ask the question... feel free to redirect me if it's not.

As far as I can work out the recommended place to get symbols for InDesign these days is on the Adobe I/O console.

I've got a customer who has Adobe InDesign CC2019 (version 14.0.3.433) installed, she's supplied me with a collection of mini-dumps which I'd like to analyse. But if I go to I/O console then the only symbols that I can find for CC2019 are for version 130 (I assume this is 14.0.0.130, but it's not clear)...

Where can I get other symbols sets, for this and other versions which have been released to for public consumption?
I'm bound to need others at some point.

Many thanks, either for an answer (preferably with a link to the symbols) or a pointer to someone/somewhere that can help.

Best regards

Caerwyn Pearce

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 1
Oh... and I had to switch to Edge to post this question because the website went awol on Firefox... but that's not as important as the symbols!

Employee

Caerwyn - just wanted to close the loop on this ticket. I checked internally with the InDesign team and it sounds like you were able to connect directly with someone from the InDesign Developer Program team

Level 1

Yes, I have this particular set of symbols from the tech support guys, but it is a wider issue.
All symbols should be made available for any version of InDesign and InCopy which are able to be used by the public.
Apparently that is in hand as well, but until the loop is completely closed it will continue to be raised as an issue by myself and others.

Thanks in any case for checking back.