Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Invalid scope

Level 1

Hello,

The /authorize API does not work for any other scope than openid. To eliminate my code as the problem I tried it in the OAuth Playground and was able to reproduce the problem. I tried three scopes:

1. openid
2. openid,creative_sdk
3. creative_sdk

Only #1 was successful in generating the token. All others failed with invalid_scope error.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

@ameetsavant I don't believe adding the Lightroom API to your project allows your client id to request the creative_sdk scope. This is corroborated by the fact that each time you request the creative_sdk scope (in combination or standalone), the API request is rejected with an invalid scope error.

You can actually view the scopes that your client id can request on the Developer Console. To do so 

1. Navigate to your project on the Developer Console

2. Select the credential from the credentials tab on the left nav

3. Click on the Scopes tab on the screen to view the scopes available to you

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out in case you have more questions.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee
Employee

Hi @ameetsavant could you tell us which API or Event are you trying to integrate with? 

Level 1

@tmj I am trying to integrate with the Lightroom API.

Additionally, using openid I am able to get the token and when I use it to get /user/libraries it gives me a 403003 error. Essentially, not authorized 

thanks 

Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

@ameetsavant I don't believe adding the Lightroom API to your project allows your client id to request the creative_sdk scope. This is corroborated by the fact that each time you request the creative_sdk scope (in combination or standalone), the API request is rejected with an invalid scope error.

You can actually view the scopes that your client id can request on the Developer Console. To do so 

1. Navigate to your project on the Developer Console

2. Select the credential from the credentials tab on the left nav

3. Click on the Scopes tab on the screen to view the scopes available to you

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out in case you have more questions.

Thanks

Level 1

@tmj Thanks! That makes sense. I don't know why I didn't see the tab. Everything works now. I am able to access the LR apis.