Expand my Community achievements bar.

IMS Profile having less permission to access the API Connection

Level 4

Hi,

Somebody in the team had done smart content integration via Adobe Developer's Console. One works fine (dev) but the other doesn't (non dev). The second integration fails and the reason that I was informed was: 

The wrong IMS profile is used or is not given the right permissions to use Smart Content. Both profiles are giving different results. It looks like "Smart Content" is not available in the projected product context for the I/O project being used in second case..

I am not sure I understand this well, because even in the second project I can see the smart content API is already added as a connected API. What does it mean a wrong IMS profile is used or lacking permission. What permissions are needed? What should be an appropriate IMS Profile for doing an integration via Adobe IO Console?

Thanks ahead!

@devconsole 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Employee

Hi Shaheena_Sk

Apologies for the delay and I might need some more information.

Is the error happening when calling the API or when creating/editing the integration in the Developer Console?

When creating the integration, one (or multiple) product profiles need to be specified and they narrow down the API functionality. A developer needs to have been granted explicit access to those product profiles to call the API - that's what you might be running into.

If your question is more around Smart Content API functionality, I'd recommend the Adobe Experience Manager Asset Community which can be found here