Expand my Community achievements bar.

Drill down fields

Level 1

Hi all. I am an accountant - I know its not the most exciting gig out there but numbers are exciting {lol}. Anyway I would like to share more info with the users. Right now we do up a financial statement, create a pdf out of it and send it to the user. If the user wants to know a bit more about a number they write me back and then I pull a report from the general ledger. I would like to have a database attached to the pdf so when the user double clicks on an amount it will bring up a nice formatted report that will show the typical info date, reference number, vendor and amount. The total would agree to the report. Sage has a few products that this can be done. Does anyone know of a data base / pdf summary that could work?  

A specific example might be the typical Revenue and expenses report under expenses the first line is typically advertising - so if it was $15,520; I want the user to click on the amount and it would say Facebook $8,020; Google 7,000; and a client promo of $500. Then they would close the report and go on to the next number that they wonder about. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies