Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications using Service Account (JWT) credentials will need to migrate to OAuth

Level 1

Hello - I have questions (please see below) related to Creative Cloud apps migrations to OAuth.

1. Do customers have the option of not migrating their applications to the OAuth? If so, what are the downsides and implications of not migrating to OAuth?

2. Is there data retention in place for a certain period of time post migrating apps to OAuth?

3. Will app users be impacted by migration of apps to OAuth?

Thanks! - Lawrence

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Employee
Employee

Hi @LAWCANNO 

Hope this helps -

1. What happens if we do not migrate our application by Jan 1, 2025?

2. The migration process only affects the token generation mechanism. If you update and migrate your application correctly, we don't imagine any impact on data or its retention.

However, I am curious to know what impact on your data you are worried about. Depending on the answer, we may recommend that you reach out to your Adobe representative/Customer support. 

3. The migration process only affects the token generation mechanism. If you update and migrate your application correctly, we don't imagine you should face any application downtime or impact on your users. 

However, I am curious to know what impact on your users you are worried about. Depending on the answer, we may recommend that you reach out to your Adobe representative/Customer support.

Migration Guide: https://developer.adobe.com/developer-console/docs/guides/authentication/ServerToServerAuthenticatio... 

Thanks
Manik