Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Express Embed SDK API returning Invalid Scope Error

Level 1

Team,

I am trying to get an access token for 'Adobe Express Embed SDK'  API through my python code. I have already integrated this API into my account in the developer console. However, the status of my project is 'In development' as I am testing the code. The scope mentioned on the credentials page is 'cc_embed'. However, whenever I am trying to generate an access token, I get the error, 'error=invalid_scope' (https://123-12345-12345-4125-1123.in.ngrok.io/redirect/?error=invalid_scope )

I can see this error URL in the browser when I hit the authorization URL to provide consent in the browser. (Note* The https URL is not exactly the same, I have changed the host and other details)

Please note that my app is hosted on localhost, and I have used ngrok to create a secure tunnel to expose port 8000 through a secure tunnel.

I have tried passing the following scopes and other possible combinations listed on the scopes page. But I am constantly facing this issue that when I hit the authorization URL for consent, it says error=invalid_scope. Any idea what I am missing here or what should I do?

scopes = ["cc_embed"]
scopes = ["openid,AdobeID,read_organizations"]
scopes = ["openid,AdobeID,read_organizations,email,address,profile,offline_access,creative_sdk"]

Any help or guidance will be much appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Employee

Hi there!

I'm looking into this.

This is a good forum for Console issues, but because this SDK is a Creative Cloud product the official forum is here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/express-embed-sdk/ct-p/ct-express-embed-sdk  We're not able to transfer posts between the two forums. It may be worth cross-posting...

Level 1

I hope someone replies there; till now, I have tried chat, a ticket which closed without providing the resolution (stating mid-route). Is it the customer's responsibility to figure out the right route when you have so many portals and teams? Here is the ticket number - E-000863311

Tried calling your India support number twice. They have zero clue about the SDK and creative cloud APIs.

Employee

Sorry the experience has been so poor so far. This particular SDK is relatively new, and your experience reveals how we need to train the customer support teams on where to send people.

My team is still investigating the scope error.

What was the first place you went to find support? (If you remember.) A screenshot is handy. Was it a help or support area within the Console? Or from a specific page? Your experience can help us fix it for the next person...

Level 1

Hi @erinferinferinf, Thanks, I am still looking for a resolution. I turned to chat first, and they helped me log a ticket, which I provided earlier. But they close the next day, stating 'mid-route'.

Level 1

I had a similar issue when working with the Adobe Express Embed SDK API and receiving an "Invalid Scope" error message. After some troubleshooting, I found that the issue was related to the OAuth2 token scope that was being used.

In my case, the scope was set incorrectly, and I needed to adjust it to match the specific API endpoint that I was trying to access. Once I updated the scope, the error message went away and I was able to successfully access the API.

I hope this helps with your issue as well. Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Level 1

Thanks for replying @karlshady . I do not see any option to adjust the scope. I can only see one scope 'cc_embed'. Can you tell me which portal/link you adjusted your scope in? I will try if that works for me too. It would be great if you can tell me the scopes you are using.

Level 1

@kumarsubodh13  The only scope you need should be `cc_embed`. I am eager to help you solve your issue. Send me an email with your time zone amandah@adobe.com and we can set up a call to help you troubleshoot.