Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"DATE" Datatype format issue in AEP platform

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

Since yesterday we are seeing some weird scenario on "DATE" datatype format and I am pretty sure that all our folks also facing the same issue from platform. 

Issue Description: All the field from schema which have the DATE as a datatype format is automatically getting changed to "DATETIME" (example : 2022-03-09T00:00:00) from AEP connector level. We have validated the same from source side ("Snowflake" in this case) and the value is appearing as expected on the instance. Therefore, we suspect that this might be a platform issue. Attached the sample tested connector for the reference. Note: the value seen on the attachment are randomly entered value for testing purpose.

AEP Issue.JPG

Implication: 

We have to manually use the calculated field to change the format from datetime to date while we do the data mapping as part of data ingestion.

We are checking internally from our side and need to raise a issue. Thought I can flag the issue over the forum as well and get some hands on the same. will keep posted once we have more update on the said issue.

Thank you,

Jay.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @adobechat  - I don't think so it has to be converted from DATE to DATETIME and AEP also doesn't work in that way for converting the date value as there are potential difference on DATE and DATETIME value. We are facing this issue only for last two days and before it was just date for "DATE" datatype (Example - 2022-09-3). I suspect this might be a platform issue. We are still checking from our side internally and keep posted if I get any update.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

Hi @jayakrishnaaparthasarathy ,

I have set up snowflake connector too and had the exact same issue, I guess this is how it works, AEP reads date from snowflake and either converts it to UTC format or ISO-8601. We then had to have calculated field during mapping to update as we need. Sounds like that is what you are doing as well.

User guide also shows the same issue:-

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/sources/ui-tutorials/dataflow/databases....

Hope this answers your question.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @adobechat  - I don't think so it has to be converted from DATE to DATETIME and AEP also doesn't work in that way for converting the date value as there are potential difference on DATE and DATETIME value. We are facing this issue only for last two days and before it was just date for "DATE" datatype (Example - 2022-09-3). I suspect this might be a platform issue. We are still checking from our side internally and keep posted if I get any update.  

Thanks, keep us posted.

I also noticed that there was a recent release that touched Sources (though not snowflake) as well, so probably something related - anyway this is interesting.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/release-notes/2022/february-2022.html?la...