Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to establish connection between AEP to Journey orchestration(JO) to get event trigger in JO

Level 2

Hi Team,

We have the data in AEP dataset. Now we want to schedule a journey . We created the journey with event. 

To trigger this journey we want to receive event from AEP.  so how to configure the AEP with Journey orchestration.

Could you please share any document/video available to make this configuration.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I am not an expert but I guess the event data should be ingested into AEP via a streaming data source. And for that you should leverage Adobe Launch and configure web sdk (if source is web) or mobile sdk (if source is mobile app). For example- If your journey starts when some user adds something to a shopping cart. Then that cart add event should be sent to AEP via Adobe Launch web sdk. If it is not a behavioral data and coming from an external third party source then you will have to ingest that data by configuring your data source manually. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I am not an expert but I guess the event data should be ingested into AEP via a streaming data source. And for that you should leverage Adobe Launch and configure web sdk (if source is web) or mobile sdk (if source is mobile app). For example- If your journey starts when some user adds something to a shopping cart. Then that cart add event should be sent to AEP via Adobe Launch web sdk. If it is not a behavioral data and coming from an external third party source then you will have to ingest that data by configuring your data source manually. 

Level 2
Thanks Kunal for replying . Could you please give me some thoughts how we can able trigger journey in JO after event received to AEP or From Adobe launch direcly also

Employee Advisor

You can create a segment in AEP after you have configured Adobe Launch web SDK with your site. You can create a segment using the steps shared here - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/segmentation/ui/segment-builder.html?lan.... Just watch the videos if you have any doubts.

Once you have created a segment then you can use Segment Qualification Event in Journey Optimizer to trigger the journey. In the SQ event you can select the same segment and select the behavior as "Enter". The journey will be triggered in real time as and when the user of your website takes any action which results in segment qualification. Hope this helps.

For more information see this - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journeys/using/building-journeys/about-journey-building/even... 

Level 2

Hi Kunal   

Thanks a lot for your support, it's really helps me and cleared my doubts in JO event trigger through segments. 

Is there any way we can trigger event in JO without segment creation either from AEP or Adobe launch.

1) Whenever JO is trigger there is one data set is created with name ie "JOTestmode_event schema name" for record purpose in AEP. Without placing data in to AEP can we send event directly to JO event schema which was built in the Journey by using adobe launch with web SDK - send event -in the action section we can configure the schema of event .

2) we are looking direct event streaming into JO event by using Adobe launch rules.

3) Could you please share is there any other way can we directly trigger JO from adobe launch rules.

Thank you

vinaya 

Employee Advisor
I am not sure I understand your use case. But if you are looking to ingest the data directly without using Adobe Launch. Then you can use the streaming API, documented here - https://www.adobe.io/apis/experienceplatform/home/api-reference.html#/Streaming_Ingestion/postStream.... Once the data is ingested then you can create custom event in JO to trigger the journey. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journeys/using/events-journeys/about-events/about-creating.h...

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?