Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ECID on Individual profile

Level 2

is it necessary to create an ecid attribute on individual schema and / or event schema?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Individual profile schema: No, normally you would not need to collect the ECID as a record as a person could have multiple ECID over time.

Experience Event schema: No, When you enable Profile for an event schema without a primary identity, then the system will remind you to send the identities such as ECID in Identity Map. I going to assume that you will be using one of AEP SDKs: Web SDK or Mobile SDK, therefore the ECID is collected automatically as part of the Identity Map of that event.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @gprime84   - Hope, you are referring to the adobe analytics integration section under the AEP. Mapping the ECID from adobe analytics is an automated process while you do the AA integration with AEP. So, it not necessarily you have to manually map those attribute with schemas. 
Adobe says, Every hit from the Analytics source connector contains a primary identifier that is dependent on whether an ECID or an AAID exists. If there is an ECID, the ECID is designated as the primary identifier. If there is an AAID, then the AAID is designated as the primary. However, make sure you have the ECID implementation on your configuration set up for the smooth and automated mapping.
Ref: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/edge/data-collection/adobe-analytics/aut...

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Individual profile schema: No, normally you would not need to collect the ECID as a record as a person could have multiple ECID over time.

Experience Event schema: No, When you enable Profile for an event schema without a primary identity, then the system will remind you to send the identities such as ECID in Identity Map. I going to assume that you will be using one of AEP SDKs: Web SDK or Mobile SDK, therefore the ECID is collected automatically as part of the Identity Map of that event.