Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Objects not helping to narrow down traffic on different content page type.

Community Advisor

Hi,

I have webpages which has contenttype Blogs as data object in digital data layer. And, in analytics when I am building segment with filters like Page contain contentType = blogs then the numbers on traffic metrics like Unique visitors is coming up less in comparison to if i am pulling pages directly as shown below.

jsvasu_0-1644856141454.png

Any suggestions How to fix this? Why this is happening?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Can you clarify where you are creating the segment? In AEP or AA? In AEP, the segment numbers are "profile count" which is an estimate and depends on the unified profiles. So you cannot compare the UVs from AA. If you are creating segments in AA, then the bulls eye chart represents the qualifications for a different period of time. So you need to select the right date range in the reports. Still your reports might include current data, where the numbers will be a little off.

If your question is for AA, then this needs to be moved to that thread, instead of AEP.

Let me know if this is the case!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 5

Could you please elaborate your question please? Are you comparing stats from AA with your Data Collection set up and they are not matching? Also Screenshot is not clear, would be great if you can repost it.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Can you clarify where you are creating the segment? In AEP or AA? In AEP, the segment numbers are "profile count" which is an estimate and depends on the unified profiles. So you cannot compare the UVs from AA. If you are creating segments in AA, then the bulls eye chart represents the qualifications for a different period of time. So you need to select the right date range in the reports. Still your reports might include current data, where the numbers will be a little off.

If your question is for AA, then this needs to be moved to that thread, instead of AEP.

Let me know if this is the case!