Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Advantages or disadvantages of storing Web Analytics data in AEP directly without Adobe Analytics

Community Advisor

Hello Experts,

Hope everyone is doing well!

Since there's a privilege to collect and host web & app analytics data in Adobe Experience Platform (AEP), I would like to know the advantages and repercussions of doing so. As always, most of the marketing use cases would require behavioral data for segmentation or campaign performance analysis, importing digital analytics data into AEP is inevitable.

So, in those scenarios, storing data in Adobe Analytics and then importing it into AEP with a separate setup (schemas and data sets) and latency, seems like a long route, I'm assuming. As a result, I would like to see prespectives from Experts here, as some of us would have already go through this critical decision.

Thank you in advance!

Kishore

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

This is a great question @Kishore_Reddy . Why have Adobe Analytics when we have AEP  ?

AEP alone (without CJA) could not act as a replacement to AA, even with the current capabilities of Data Collection, including Server side forwarding. Technically, there is an argument that you can be heavy on the configuration and make this happen. But, like with any configuration, pushing the product beyond its original design use case may introduce additional problems than solutions. It can also be more expensive to manage in the longer term.

Saying that... we also have Customer Journey Analytics...My view here is that, if you have Adobe Experience Platform and Customer Journey Analytics, then I suggest to draw up a migration plan from Adobe Analytics to AEP & CJA. Then this combo is a good contender to replace AA. Depending on how you are using AA at the moment, you could possibly move away. Again, it all depends on the usage of AA at the moment - but AEP +CJA has the potential to replace AA for some use cases.

Hope this answers your question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

This is a great question @Kishore_Reddy . Why have Adobe Analytics when we have AEP  ?

AEP alone (without CJA) could not act as a replacement to AA, even with the current capabilities of Data Collection, including Server side forwarding. Technically, there is an argument that you can be heavy on the configuration and make this happen. But, like with any configuration, pushing the product beyond its original design use case may introduce additional problems than solutions. It can also be more expensive to manage in the longer term.

Saying that... we also have Customer Journey Analytics...My view here is that, if you have Adobe Experience Platform and Customer Journey Analytics, then I suggest to draw up a migration plan from Adobe Analytics to AEP & CJA. Then this combo is a good contender to replace AA. Depending on how you are using AA at the moment, you could possibly move away. Again, it all depends on the usage of AA at the moment - but AEP +CJA has the potential to replace AA for some use cases.

Hope this answers your question.

Community Advisor

Thank you, @adobechat 

Appreciate your insightful thoughts on this aspect.

Level 5

The advantages depend on your licenses as well. Lets say you have only RT-CDP license, then CJA will not be there for data analysis. In this scenario couple of major disadvantages are:

1. There is no marketer friendly way to look at the data to create segments (only thru Query Services)

2. There are many ootb processing that AA does, for ex: like marketing channels, hit depth etc which will not be available in AEP. These needs to be done again using Query Services using the data collected.

So if you are having AA and AEP license not including CJA, then it makes sense to send data to AA in those scenario.