Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Upgrading mobile app analytics from sdk4 to sdk5

Level 3

Hi All,

We have currently implemented sdk4 for capturing mobile app analytics. We are planning to upgrade to aep sdk5. However, we are not forcing users to upgrade the app.

My question is , can they both exist without any challenges. We are using mobile services to map our variables. We two apps in mobile services - one for dev and one for production. For new aep sdk5, we will just be using one app, and configure both dev and prod report suites through launch. So when some of the users are on sdk4 and some will be upgraded to sdk5, will there be any challenges , or data gap because of this ? Please let me know, if simultaneous SDK's can co exist, until the time all users have upgraded their app.

Thank you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey rupaljain2408​ -

Assuming you're using the same Analytics configuration (report suites and data collection server) for both your v4 and AEP SDK implementation, this shouldn't be a problem for you. 

Hope this helps.

steve benedick

sr mobile software engineer

Adobe Experience Cloud

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey rupaljain2408​ -

Assuming you're using the same Analytics configuration (report suites and data collection server) for both your v4 and AEP SDK implementation, this shouldn't be a problem for you. 

Hope this helps.

steve benedick

sr mobile software engineer

Adobe Experience Cloud