Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

setPushIdentifier not working on app launch Adobe Campaign Standard

Level 2

We're experiencing the same issue on both iOS and Android, namely that on app launch we use the exact code documented here to register push token: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/administrating/configuring-mobile/su...

The issue is that we can see the token is available in the app through debugging, and we can even use collectPII to send that token to a test field in ACS and this works fine, however the setPushIdentifier function doesn't populate the field in the Registration Token in Adobe Campaign Standard.

If we kill the application and relaunch it then the registration token is correctly sent.

It appears that there is some delay in the SDK registering the token and making available for all SDK functions.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Quick update, it was a provisioning/tech ops issue with the staging environment.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Level 2

After more investigation it appears that the setPushIdentifier function is simply setting the SDK pushIdentifier string rather than pushing this to Adobe Campaign. For that an Mobile Core > Action or collectPII is required, correct?

There seems to be some delay in this setPushIdentifier function setting the string, so when we call collectPII immediately after it isn't available for Launch to send to Adobe Campaign, despite being available generally.

How are other developers mitigating this? Or is everyone ignoring the setPushIdentifier method and manually configuring via collectPII and contextData in Launch?

Employee Advisor
There is generally a delay between sending the push token to ACS and having the token appear in the app subscribers table. Are you seeing the tokens show up after a few minutes?

Level 2
Thanks Ivan, they don't appear to be showing at all unless we kill and relaunch the app and incorporate a collectPII function

Level 2
It would help if you can confirm that setPushIdentifier is supposed to be automatically posting to the Adobe Campaign server?

Level 2
I will test some more, but I wonder if actually this function doesn't work properly, and it's simply the way that Launch is configured to trigger posts to ACS using Actions or collectPII that is naturally posting during the use of the application?

Level 2
UPDATE - we've been working through this with Adobe support but it still isn't resolved.

Employee

Hi @Rev_J ,

Invoking the setPushIdentifier API will send the push token to the Adobe Visitor ID service which then forwards the token to your ACS instance. It is possible that there is an issue in the backend which is why sending the push token with collectPii is able to populate the app subscriber table while the setPushIdentifier call isn't able to. We do have some troubleshooting steps available at https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/resources/troubleshooting-guides/push_notification_troubleshooting. Could you take look and see if it helps resolve your issue? If that doesn't help, I think the next step to take would be to open a customer care ticket so the appropriate team could investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Ryan Morales

Mobile Engineer
Adobe Experience Cloud

Level 2

Thanks Ryan.

We have different app development team working on multiple apps and they are all experiencing the same issues across iOS and Android. Thanks for confirming the intended behaviour. I will post a link to that guide to them. I've already contact customer care.

One other question - customer care asked us to confirm the ACS server URL in the app code, I think that this is inherited from the Launch property, right? Is there something that need to be coded in the app to state the ACS server? I can't see anything in the documentation.

Level 2

Is there any way our app developers can get onto Project Griffon without a 48 hour delay? That pretty much wipes out the rest of this week.

Level 2
Can you confirm how the Adobe Visitor ID service understands the instance of ACS to forward the registration to? We're currently working in the stage instance.

Employee
I will check and see if there is a way to get onto Project Griffon / Assurance without the delay. I had another question regarding your ACS instance. Do you see app subscribers being added to the app subscriber table? Or are those missing as well?

Employee
The Visitor ID Service (now known as Experience Cloud ID Service) has a pipeline that sends the Org Id, Experience Cloud ID (ECID), and push token from the setPushIdentifier call to your ACS instance. Your ACS instance should be setup to ingest any push token associated with the instance Org Id.

Employee
Could you email me your Org ID? My email is rymorale@adobe.com. Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 2

Quick update, it was a provisioning/tech ops issue with the staging environment.

Level 1
MobileCore.setPushIdentifier
this token was not push to the adobe dep sdk
still yet to push any notification

can we know if anyone sort out the registration token issue?