Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Push Token Mismatch

Level 4

Hi,
I wanted to implement push notification via AJO but I can see in griffon that profile doesnt have matching push token. What is wrong here ?
I can see fcm token in logcat of android studio. I have set push identifier too.Griffon.png
Any suggestions here ? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi AtulChavan,

Reaching our support team is the best path forward at this point. You can do this by going to Experience League home and clicking on "Find Support" (which will take you here :).

Thanks again,
Casey

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

From what I'm seeing, the push token isn't getting saved in the edge profile. It would be interesting to confirm that the info isn't making it there. 

If you wanted to verify that:

1. head over to the profile view in Platform: https://experience.adobe.com/#platform/profile/overview
  2. under browse search using the Identity Namespace value ECID. 
  3. Copy the ECID from Griffon and then paste it in the Identity Value field. 
  4. Click View and it should return a profile. Click on that profile.
  5. Under the Attributes tab, if everything were working, you would see a bunch of fields like pushNotificationDetails.0.token

So there are possibly three results from this process:

1. No profile existed when you searched by ECID. This would likely indicate that the information is never making it out to platform, meaning something in your setup was incorrect.
  2. The profile exists, but there was no push information on it. This could indicate something like a timing issue with the setPushIdentifier call. 
  3. The profile exists and there is push information. This probably indicating the Griffon UI isn't properly handing a use case. But that you are setup correctly.

Give it a shot and let us know what you see.

Level 4

I had verified it already & sorry I missed it mentioning here. I can see only ecid & capturetimestamp attributes in edge profile. 
I'm calling setPushidentifier inside addOnCompleteListener method of firebase inside app main activity. 

Employee

Have you tried on multiple devices/simulators? Or you can delete the app and install again and it will get a fresh ECID and push token. Just wondering if this is happening for only one ECID or all tests performed in this org?

Employee

I think we'll probably need to inspect your logs to dig in and see what's going on. Can you get in touch with Client Care so we can open a support ticket? Thank you for your patience.

Level 4

Thanks very much Adam. 
How can I get in touch with client care ? Since I'm using parterre's sandbox , should I raise concern to SPP helpdesk ? 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi AtulChavan,

Reaching our support team is the best path forward at this point. You can do this by going to Experience League home and clicking on "Find Support" (which will take you here :).

Thanks again,
Casey