Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Push Notification Not Working With Experience Platform SDK

Level 2

We are not able to get push notification working with Experience Platform SDK on both iOS and Android apps.

Here is the configuration from Adobe Launch: 

{
    "global.privacy": "optedin",
    "media.trackingServer": "turnerinternational.hb.omtrdc.net",
    "analytics.offlineEnabled": true,
    "__dev__analytics.rsids": "turnerinttntsportsdev,turnerintglobaldev",
    "media.playerName": "cdfplayer",
    "__ui__.mobileServiceApp": "CDFOTT-DEV (turnerinttntsportsdev)",
    "mobile.acquisitionAppId": "7adf503bce270f9ab6ad7d16083c7ff5e8ce696071405a7c7308af99dcf6ed1dx",
    "mobile.acquisitionTimeout": 0,
    "__stage__analytics.rsids": "turnerinttntsportsdev,turnerintglobaldev",
    "analytics.rsids": "turnerinttntsportsdev,turnerintglobaldev",
    "media.ovp": "",
    "analytics.batchLimit": 0,
    "media.collectionServer": "",
    "analytics.launchHitDelay": 5,
    "analytics.backdatePreviousSessionInfo": false,
    "media.appVersion": "",
    "build.environment": "prod",
    "rules.url": "https://assets.adobedtm.com/7be62238e4c3/4eaa17d127b6x/launch-a3bc69d17c36-rules.zip",
    "experienceCloud.org": "7FF852E2556756057F000101@AdobeOrg",
    "lifecycle.sessionTimeout": 900,
    "analytics.server": "turnerinternational.sc.omtrdc.net",
    "__ui__.manualMode": false,
    "mobile.messagesUrl": "https://assets.adobedtm.com/b213090c5204bf94318f4ef0539a38b487d10368/scripts/satellite-5e55387364746d6d600011b0x.json",
    "media.channel": "CDF Video",
    "media.debugLogging": false,
    "property.id": "PRc512f748c1434f179b2a291a75fc24fax",
    "analytics.aamForwardingEnabled": false
}

And here is the code snippet from the iOS app:

func application(_ application: UIApplication, didFinishLaunchingWithOptions launchOptions: [UIApplication.LaunchOptionsKey: Any]? = nil) -> Bool {
    ACPCore.setLogLevel(.debug)
    ACPCore.configure(withAppId: app.config.adobeAppId)
    // Set custom context data
    contextData["appname"] = "app|cdfgo|ios"
    // Register extensions
    ACPAnalytics.registerExtension()
    ACPLifecycle.registerExtension()
    ACPIdentity.registerExtension()
    ACPMobileServices.registerExtension()
    ACPMedia.registerExtension()
    ACPUserProfile.registerExtension()
    ACPSignal.registerExtension()
    // Start Lifecycle data collection
    ACPCore.start {
        ACPCore.lifecycleStart(self.contextData)
    }
    // Register with APNs
    requestNotificationAuthorization()
    UNUserNotificationCenter.current().delegate = self
    // Check remote notification
    let notificationOption = launchOptions?[.remoteNotification]
    if let notification = notificationOption as? [String: AnyObject],
        let adobeDeeplink = notification["adb_deeplink"] as? String {
        processNotificationDeeplink(adobeDeeplink: adobeDeeplink)
    }
    return true
}

We are seeing some audiences in Mobile Services and think we have set up everything correctly, but the push notification is not happening.

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 12.26.24 PM.png

We have set up the Marketing Cloud ID and lifecycle metrics, and the data is displaying in the reports.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi

I took a quick look at reports and it shows that the message was delivered to 2 users.

With a new implementation, it will take typical Analytics processing time in order for a user in a Analytics Segment to be realized.  The app needs to be installed, a hit to VisitorID service, a hit to Analytics where the user has 'allowed' notifications (opt-in true) and then the hit to sync the VisitorID and the push token.  Once all this is confirmed via Griffon/Charles/Debug Tool and you see an estimated audience, you should users in your reports.

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 3.32.45 PM.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi

I took a quick look at reports and it shows that the message was delivered to 2 users.

With a new implementation, it will take typical Analytics processing time in order for a user in a Analytics Segment to be realized.  The app needs to be installed, a hit to VisitorID service, a hit to Analytics where the user has 'allowed' notifications (opt-in true) and then the hit to sync the VisitorID and the push token.  Once all this is confirmed via Griffon/Charles/Debug Tool and you see an estimated audience, you should users in your reports.

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 3.32.45 PM.png

Level 1
Hi there, it's only my device that is registered for the push notifications for Peter's post above. I am the iOS developer for this project and whilst I can get a notification through if I use the [TEST] button in 'Manage Messages' by adding my device token (obtained through Xcode). I am not able to receive a notification through actually sending the notification even when selecting the group `app|cdfgo|iOS` as the segment to send it to. You may be able to see that it's published but it is never received and delivered which is why the number is 0 next to the users that opened the push. Any further advice would be great. What would be fantastic is a sample application configured with the same segment on this account so we can see if we've missed anything?

Level 2
Hi Jennifer, we got the push notification after couple days later. Do you know how long the whole process usually takes? Also, with the new build, the push notification doesn't work again. Do we need to wait a few more days for the new visitor ID to sync? Thanks!