Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Privacy service set to OPT_OUT doesn’t invoke anything to Adobe Campaign Standard to remove registration token.

Level 2

If the Privacy service is set to OPT_OUT after being opted in, it doesn’t invoke anything to Adobe Campaign Standard to remove the registration token. Is this correct behaviour?

What is the intended flow here? Use collectPii to force a blank token before invoking OPT_OUT?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @JAElliott,

Setting Privacy Status to OPT_OUT will cause the V5 SDK to purge all data and identities which includes the ECID. The registration token is set in the app subscriber table after it is forwarded from the Visitor ID service. Using collectPii to set a blank token is not recommended. Do you have a use case where an opted-out user should have their push token cleared from the ACS subscriber table? If so, we recommend that you open a customer care ticket with Adobe Campaign so the work can be prioritized.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @JAElliott,

Setting Privacy Status to OPT_OUT will cause the V5 SDK to purge all data and identities which includes the ECID. The registration token is set in the app subscriber table after it is forwarded from the Visitor ID service. Using collectPii to set a blank token is not recommended. Do you have a use case where an opted-out user should have their push token cleared from the ACS subscriber table? If so, we recommend that you open a customer care ticket with Adobe Campaign so the work can be prioritized.

Thanks,

Ryan

Level 2
Thanks for the clarification. I don't think the logic for this is correct. Once the ECID is cleared then no further updates can be made to Adobe Campaign, therefore the application is still contactable in Adobe Campaign, but we lose the ability to capture any data about it, including permissions. When we don't respond to user permissions (such as don't contact me in preferences outside of control panel), or if other collected data are used to personalize or target messages, then there could be issues.