Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Places Monitor Extension Default Monitoring Mode For Android

Level 4

Hi All,

Can someone help me to find the Places Monitor Default Monitoring Mode for Android? For IOS Default Monitoring Mode is ACPPlacesMonitorModeSignificantChanges & totally we've two modes, for changing/setting the modes between ACPPlacesMonitorModeSignificantChangesACPPlacesMonitorModeContinuous we've Places Monitor API reference. Now I've have to set the Monitoring Mode for Android, I've referred Places Monitor API Reference document & few other documents as well but unable to find any information related to Monitoring Mode for Android. If anyone know's this information kindly share.

Thanks,

Charles

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Charles,

Unlike iOS, Android does not have an API to provide the monitoring mode. The Android’s PlacesMonitor SDK by default is set to monitor location changes for every 2 kilometers or 30 mins whichever happens first (with apt location permissions been provided). These numbers are considered for optimal usage of battery and performance. Hence you will not need the monitoring mode API for Android.

Thanks,

Pravin Prakash Kumar

Computer Scientist

Adobe Experience Cloud

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Charles,

Unlike iOS, Android does not have an API to provide the monitoring mode. The Android’s PlacesMonitor SDK by default is set to monitor location changes for every 2 kilometers or 30 mins whichever happens first (with apt location permissions been provided). These numbers are considered for optimal usage of battery and performance. Hence you will not need the monitoring mode API for Android.

Thanks,

Pravin Prakash Kumar

Computer Scientist

Adobe Experience Cloud