Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Native Target App - Mobile - profileParameters

Level 2

For the mobile app- Native implementation we are trying to add a banner dismissal code so that we know that user has dismissed this banner and they should see the next activity in the list. After following the Adobe documentation we are sending it as profile parameters as you can see below request but for some reason, the profile is not getting attached to the user so we don't know if the user has dismissed the banner or not and the user seeing the same banner again and again.

Also - In the target, I don't see user.mobile_banner_dismissed_clicked_AS00839_AI_SA_ALL_SG_DM_ACAI0240_XT is coming back so I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Any more questions let me know

Any help would be highly appreciated as I am stuck don't know how to move forward. Please help

"execute" : {
    "mboxes" : [
      {
        "index" : 0,
        "name" : "dashboardMiddle_NonsecureAccT3",
        "parameters" : {
          "a.OSVersion" : "Android 2.0"

},

"profileParameters":{
                "mobile_banner_dismissed_clicked_AS00839_AI_SA_ALL_SG_DM_ACAI0240_XT":"true"

}

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you share code for your profile attribute?

Also, would recommend testing with Postman (you'll need the trace  which you get with an http-debugger such as Charles).

Regards,

Rajneesh

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you share code for your profile attribute?

Also, would recommend testing with Postman (you'll need the trace  which you get with an http-debugger such as Charles).

Regards,

Rajneesh

Level 2

Hi Rajneesh,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

We are using postman services to check the responses. we are creating below parameters - on click of the button we are sending the mobile button clicked "true" as you can see below but it's not getting attached to your 3rd party id. which means every time the user dismiss and see the same banner again . We are not sure what we are missing here .. The profiles are not getting attached to the third party id. 

Let me know if you need any more information, thanks again.

"mobile_banner_dismissed_clicked_AS00839_AI_SA_ALL_SG_DM_ACAI0240_XT":"True"

}

Employee

Hi @garora8,

Can you confirm if you are seeing the network request being made from charles/logs with the provided profile parameters when using the Mobile SDK?

Also are you able to create audiences with the new profile parameter in Adobe Target UI? In the Audiences tab, when you create a new Audience and select Visitor Profile do you see your key mobile_banner_dismissed_clicked_AS00839_AI_SA_ALL_SG_DM_ACAI0240_XT in the drop-down? This parameter should become available in your activity only after sending it first time from the Mobile SDK.

If not, can you provide more details about the Mobile SDK version you are using, platform, steps to reproduce? 

Thank you,

Emilia Dobrin

Computer Scientist

Adobe Experience Cloud

Level 2

HI Emila
I don't see the mobile_banner_dismissed_clicked_AS00839_AI_SA_ALL_SG_DM_ACAI0240_XT  the value coming thorough to the Target profile end. I was also expecting them to come through in to the target and I am not an SDK expert. The SDK team has sent me the request and response they are getting on the click of the banner and the profile parameters are sent correctly as per the Adobe documentation.I totally understand there must be something wrong somewhere why the parameters are not presenting with your profile and why this is not coming in the AT interface. Do you recon it could be stating the issue (don't know)?

Also, can you send me any documentation/link/video to check how to check network requests on the  Charles proxy so that I can ask the SDK dev to send network requests? This is something new to me, any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Level 2

HI Emila
I don't see the mobile_banner_dismissed_clicked_AS00839_AI_SA_ALL_SG_DM_ACAI0240_XT  the value coming thorough to the Target profile end. I was also expecting them to come through in to the target and I am not an SDK expert. The SDK team has sent me the request and response they are getting on the click of the banner and the profile parameters are sent correctly as per the Adobe documentation.I totally understand there must be something wrong somewhere why the parameters are not presenting with your profile and why this is not coming in the AT interface. Do you recon it could be stating the issue (don't know)?

Also, can you send me any documentation/link/video to check how to check network requests on the  Charles proxy so that I can ask the SDK dev to send network requests? This is something new to me, any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Level 2

HI Emilia, Also, can you please confirm that the profileParameters location is correct in the request body? Should we expect that value to be persisted in the user's profile without any other logic needed in a separate profile script?

"execute" : {
    "mboxes" : [
      {
        "index" : 0,
        "name" : "dashboardMiddle_NonsecureAccT3",
        "parameters" : {
          "a.OSVersion" : "Android 2.0"

},

"mobile_banner_dismissed_clicked_AS00839_AI_SA_ALL_SG_DM_ACAI0240_XT":"true"

}

Employee

Hi @garora8,

The request body fragment with profileParameters you shared looks correct to me. As long as you are sending these profile parameters in the Target API calls it should show in the Target UI. Please note that it usually takes a few minutes until they become available in the UI after you sent them for the first time from the mobile app. Then you should be able to create new audiences with this Visitor Profile parameter like in the screenshot below and use it in your activities:

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.23.50 PM.png

For Charles setup, I recommend following the charlesproxy documentation. Alternatively, you can enable verbose logging mode in your app:

MobileCore.setLogLevel(LoggingMode.VERBOSE);

and check the logs in Android Studio. You should then see the Target requests sent by the Mobile SDK.

Let us know if this is working for you and your development team. 

Thank you,

Emilia Dobrin

Level 2
Thanks, Emilia, It has been more than 5 days since we made a call via API to the profile pararmetere and it's not showing in the Target UI. Next step would ask sdk devleopers to add log(MobileCore.setLogLevel(LoggingMode.VERBOSE);may be this would help. Thank you very much for your help.)

Level 2

HI Emila - It is working fine now. The values are coming back in the Target UI and everything is working as expected. Not sure why it was not coming in the profile list earlier. Thank you very much for your help

Employee
Great, thank you for the confirmation. All the best, Emilia Dobrin

Level 2

hI emordin,

I have another problem now - wondering if you can help

We have a mobile-native implementation- we have found an issue where we set up a standard A/B/C Test with the equal user split but for some reason, users are stuck in experience B and everyone is getting experience  B

Some of the troubleshooting done already
Experience C to 100% > outcome still see the experience B
Experience B deleted > started seeing experience C then but now stuck in Experience C can't get to Experience A
Experience C now-deleted > able to see the experience A

I was expecting random traffic to go through as normal and random to Experience A , B or C

Any response will be appreciated