Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

launch for mobile

Level 1

Hello All,

I am trying to use the launc for mobile in one of our IOS/andorid apps. Previous we where using adobe mobiule sdk. One of our requirement was to identify the user cross device. So we use the s.visitorID to be overwritten by the hased userid. But i could not find such a metod in launch for mobile. Ealier I was using

ADBMobile.setUserIdentifier(“<coop_member_id>”); and the cross device tracking worked as expected. Can any one suggest hoe this can be done in case of Launch for mobile ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Can I get a better understanding of the use case you are covering when using the custom visitor id?  I assume you are mainly using that for cross device tracking in Analytics.  The setUserIdentifier API is removed from the latest SDK because we are talking to the Analytics team on the best solution to handle cross device tracking.  I will post an update once we have the final decision.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Can I get a better understanding of the use case you are covering when using the custom visitor id?  I assume you are mainly using that for cross device tracking in Analytics.  The setUserIdentifier API is removed from the latest SDK because we are talking to the Analytics team on the best solution to handle cross device tracking.  I will post an update once we have the final decision.

Level 1

I assume you are mainly using that for cross device tracking in Analytics. ==> Yes I am looking for cross device analytics and i looking for the best solution for that.