Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Latest SDK without referencing to Launch

Level 3

Hi,

I am helping a customer for mobile app AA tracking, they have been using SDK v4 and now planning to migrate to the latest SDK due to end of support.

In studying the new SDK, it seems the configurations are hosted in Launch and the SDK has to reference it during run-time. This causes serious concerns from their IT security.

The question is to first confirm if my understanding on "configurations hosted in Launch" is true, and if so, is there any way to bundle everything into the SDK locally/manually?

Thanks,

John

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Hey_John - recommend using Launch to generate a configuration and then following the steps laid out here to bundle the configuration in the implementation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Hey_John - recommend using Launch to generate a configuration and then following the steps laid out here to bundle the configuration in the implementation.

Level 3
Hi Praschetan, thanks for your reply. Just want to confirm that with this bundled configuration approach, the SDK will no longer need to communicate with the Launch platform server? And it works just like downloading the JSON in the previous SDKv4?

Employee
Yes. Per documentation: "You can include a bundled JSON configuration file in your app package to replace or complement the configuration that was downloaded by using the Configure with Launch App ID approach."