Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Integrate AEP SDK with Ionic Framework

Level 2

Hi,

We have an embedded hybrid mobile application with ionic framework where we want to integrate the Launch AEP SDK in order to track the app data in analytics. The documentation(https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/getting-started/get-the-sdk) do not provide any insights in integration for ionic. Can someone please help here?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Level 2

@Ivan_Mironchuk Thanks for the quick reply. Actually, this solutions seems to be more for a native app rather than a hybrid one. Will it work for hydrid apps?

Also, we are looking for a single code that can work for both Android and iOS as we are not building the app to be platform specific. Do you have any idea on such implementation?

Employee Advisor
Hi @Riri1 - The Cordova plugins for the SDK work with Hybrid apps. With each Hybrid app that you build, there is an underlying native app project. You can call the appropriate APIs from the HTML/JS layer so that you can essentially build once across Android and iOS

Level 1

Hi @Ivan, I'm in the same situation we are using ionic Cordova app for both web and mobile I was able to integrate the Launch for web application by adding <script> index.html. But still I can't see the mobile traffic is this expected? After reading your comments the only direction is create mobile property and follow the native code ? Is there a way to leverage web property for mobile because this is common code for web and mobile apps?

Say, we have to use mobile property looks like  the implementation is also different when compared with web so we end up writing duplicate analytics code under this. I'm referring to this links

https://www.npmjs.com/package/@adobe/cordova-acpcore#installation

Please direct us with proper integration and implementation until we resolve this I feel like we are blocked