Expand my Community achievements bar.

Android LaunchSDK Analytics.getTrackingIdentifier(callback) time out

Level 1

Hi

After upgrading to ExperienceSDK I am not able to get the tracking identifier.

Analytics.getTrackingIdentifier(object : AdobeCallbackWithError<String> { }

It times out after 5 seconds, and as expected the callback is returning the error which is `general.callback.timeout`

Do we need to setup anything else on adobe side to actually get a response?

I am having this issue on a real device connected to an unrestricted wifi.

I fished this out of the logs: 

EventBus(EventHub) - Thread exception while waiting for listener com.adobe.marketing.mobile.OneTimeListener (java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Parameter specified as non-null is null: method kotlin.jvm.internal.Intrinsics.checkNotNullParameter, parameter trackingIdentifier) EventBus(EventHub) - Thread exception while waiting for listener com.adobe.marketing.mobile.OneTimeListener (java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Parameter specified as non-null is null: method kotlin.jvm.internal.Intrinsics.checkNotNullParameter, parameter trackingIdentifier)

Any ideas?

Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 1
Dang, I think I opened it in the wrong subforum. Any way to move it?

Level 10
Yes, I'll move it to the correct location.

Level 1

I think I just needed some rubber ducking, but looks like I figured it out once I noticed the log I added below to my original question.

Since we are using Kotlin, looks like we expected to get a `trackingIdentifier` on the success call, but looks like even if the call would be successful we can still have cases (new install etc) where there will be no tracking identifier. I think kotlin added null checks to the callback and that broke the SDK and just called time out after 5 seconds.

Changing the callback declaration to handle nullable result fixed the time out error.